2014 was a banner year for PLA Media as we continue to help propel our clients to greatness. Last year, our clients accomplished career-defining goals and the PLA team would like to congratulate each of them! The following clients were recognized from organizations such as The Grammy Association, Academy of Country Music and Country Music Association, as well as major media outlets including National Geographic, Forbes, Time, Rolling Stone and numerous others.
- Congratulations to Tim Menzies, T. Graham Brown, Brad Davis and the late Ray Price for their 2015 Grammy nominations.
- Our six month campaign for the posthumous Ray Price’s final project, “Beauty Is…,” also debuted on the Top 25 Billboard Country Album Chart which broke a 30+ year record for Price. The project was also #1 on Amazon and was honored with Grand Ole Opry and Bluebird Café tribute nights.
- GB Leighton was recognized with the honor of being Billboard’s Artist to Watch in 2014 while numerous other clients were regularly featured throughout the year in Billboard including The Pfeiffer Twins, The Hello Strangers, Ty Bates, Jason D. Williams and Ashton Shepherd.
- Clients including Hannah Bethel, Mitch Goudy, GB Leighton, McKenzies Mill and Tim Sweeney were all selected in the 2014 CMA Close Up “Who New to Watch.”
- Guitar virtuoso David Andersen, ‘The Ambassador of Music City’, made Nashville history by performing his milestone 4,000th show at the County Music Hall of Fame & Museum.
- A long time client of PLA’s, The Johnny Cash Museum, earned numerous awards and recognition from outlets such as National Geographic, Forbes, Time, Southern Living, Huffington Post, Rolling Stone and Tennessee Preservation of Trust for founder Bill Millers’ preservation efforts and sustainable design.
- The September 26th grand opening of The Tina Turner Museum in Brownsville, TN garnered an impressive 485.4 million media impression worldwide. The museum is located in the refurbished one room school house Tina attended.
- June’s CMA Fest was hectic but productive with our largest number of clients to date, 7 booths and 14 artists.
- Country traditionalist Ashton Shepherd attended the ACM Awards in Las Vegas and walked the red carpet. While she was there she participated in the ACM Celebrity Archery Tournament (hosted by Luke Bryan and Justin Moore) and in the ACM Folds of Honor bowling tournament by Cabela’s. Ashton has also been featured in Country Weekly, Billboard, Bob Kingsley Country Top 40 and Kix Brooks Kickin’ Country Radio.
- Owner, Pam Lewis, published her 1st book A Tennessee Yankee in time for the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Franklin.
- Local artistic team, AK Llamas, captured faces of the Nashville community, including top talent from PLA Media Clients Mrs. Tennessee Stephanie Webb, the ‘Ambassador of Music City’ David Andersen, Tennessee native book author Tom Collins, along with country artists Ashton Shepherd, Mitch Goudy, Tim Sweeney, Haeley Vaughn and Laura McCormick, in the public art display titled #NashvilleSelfie.
- Australian fashion designers Rick Cabello and Melanie Core inked a successful relationship with A & E’s Duck Dynasty stars Jeb and Jessica Robertson to design a line of boutique jewelry and clothing.
- Phil Vassar finished a rigorous tour schedule including many sell outs like the Franklin Theatre and has been in the studio finishing his new album before going back on the road.
- Popular music row hot spot The Row, coined by hit tune smith Kelly Black, started offering breakfast, brunch and late night menu and drink specials. The restaurant was also featured in Country Weekly, The Tennessean and Nashville Scene to rave reviews.
- Along with his first four murder mystery books, author Tom Collins released his first nonfiction book Language of Excellence, a business and management success book. He did numerous signings and was invited to the Killer Nash Conference for the 5th consecutive year.
- 2014 was a big year for video debuts including videos from Mitch Goudy, Laura McCormick and The Cheaters.
- PLA capped off the year with our clients Phil Vassar, Mitch Goudy, Ty Bates, The Cheaters, Laura McCormick and Hannah Bethel getting involved the Christmas 4 Kids charity event.
Congratulations again to all of PLA Media’s clients for their success during 2014. We are eager to see the continued success in 2015!
PLA Media is about people. From the way we deal with each other, to the way we work with our clients, to the ideas and creative concepts we come up with on their behalf, PLA Media’s goal is to build lasting relationships.
Founded in 1985 by music industry icon Pam Lewis, PLA Media is an award-winning, full-service publicity and marketing company, dedicated to placing (and keeping) our clients in a positive media spotlight. Our extensive client roster has included everyone from major recording artists to independent acts to authors and painters. We’ve also managed campaigns for high-profile corporate clients, including fashion designers, restaurants and Initial Public Offerings (IPO).